Subdueillustrate offers you this 100 % olive wooden chess set with pieces, carefully carved with Tunisian hands.
Chess board is historically rooted as a classy game that intertwines strategy making and entertainment. This Chess set handmade from olive wood also serves as a majestic home décor. Just look at the beautiful rustic edges, revealing the real olive tree bark that decorates all of the edges giving a nice classic sensation, and wait for the 32 wooden pawns to start the adventure.
It would be a perfect gift for him or her your mom or dad, your soulmate or best friend, your daughter or son. Don't wait any longer! Click and order our luxurious chess set for yourself or loved ones.
❖ The full board Square:
S- 28cm x 28cm (11 Inch x 11 Inch) ±10%
L- 33cm x 33cm (13 Inch x 13 Inch) ±10%
❖ The playing area:
S- 15cm x 15cm (5.9 Inch × 5.9 Inch) ±5%
L- 20cm x 20cm (7.9 Inch × 7.9 Inch) ±5%
These are made from trees, so they are imperfect and vary slightly in size.
💡💡 KEY INFORMATION
- Handmade in Tunisia
- Each piece is hand carved by skilled artisans from natural olive wood.
- Material: Tunisian Olive Wood, derived from Chemlali olive trees variety (darker than other varieties).
- Wood Characteristics: Very hard and strong. Olive Wood is durable and moisture-resistant hardwood. Will last you a lifetime!
- Colour: Deep brown with strong oil-like grain pattern. Naturally darkens with use. As a natural product, color may vary from listing photos.
- Grain & Texture: Our olive wood is very rich with beautiful and strong grain character. Grain and colour can vary as each piece is unique.
✅ Sustainable: We use wood from very old trees that have stopped fruiting and have been replaced with younger productive trees.
✅ Ethical: Our talented artisans are not only paid fairly but we are also helping them improve their skills, increase standards of living and create secure and sustainable livelihoods for future generations.
✅ Moisture content: We dry out olive wood properly so it won't crack or bend over the time. Our moisture meters are always in use.
✅ Coating and Finish: We only sand our products to a smooth finish then wipe them with wood beeswax.